Personal Messenger Improvements

Guest rct2·com

I would like to be able to state in AdminCP which groups are allowed to disable their Personal Messenger, and/or have a global setting that says whether it is allowed.

Additionally, I would like to be able to specify that certain groups cannot be filtered out from the PM system.

Example: we use the PM system to politely privately ask members to refrain from certain things. Some have started either disabling the PM system completely, or blocking our Moderators from sending them PMs.

That doesn't seem right.

could be usefull :)

the thing I would love to see as a PM system improvement are PM threads, because now it often happens I get a reply and forgot what I sent. :)

In addition to this improvement, I think a feature "Receive private messages from Buddies only" would be neat.

Instead of disabling your messenger altogether, only allow messages from select members (your buddies list).

On my forum I have a feature that suspends a members pm abilities via warn panel. It does not disable their pm, but rather does not let the member send pm's to anyone else BUT a moderator. They can recieve from anyone else. I do the same exact thing if they are in the validating pool. Would be nice to have something like this for a group option and in warn panel as an official feature.

Buddy list thing - maybe. Recieve PM's only by certain groups - for sure. I only want to recieve pm's from my staff. And I want to have a customized message that the member sees when they try to send ME a pm. I want to say "Please contact another staff member" or something. I just dont like being bugged. That's why I have staff.

Archived