Support Mysql 5?

Guest backdream

MySQL 5 changes a lot - and how LEFT JOINS are formatted. We'd need to re-code a fair bit of IPB to make it work with MySQL 5.

Really?? Matt where did you find that ? Is it on MySQL's site ? I couldn't find that listed in the list of changes?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/news-5-0-x.html

Wow MySQL 5 was certified for production use today :) ... it's been a long time coming.. ( Nice timing on the post lol )

Backdream .. what kind of errors are you getting? If its just a few field types that are set incorrectly in the IPB db schema it should be easy to fix.

I've already updated the db class to work with the php5 MySQLi interface .. MySQL 5 with MySQLi would be nice :)

Incase anyone cares, IPB 2.1.3 works flawlessly with MySQL 5.0.15

So far as you have seen. We can't guarantee it's working flawlessly, however I do urge you to submit any bugs you find running with MySQL 5 to our bug tracker so that we *can* guarantee support for MySQL 5 in a future version. :)

4.x has the query cache, and 5.x has Stored Procedures.
the Query cache works independant of the coding, but Stored Procedures as far as I can tell need to be specifically coded for.

without a specific IPB SQL driver is there any advantage to running it on a v5.x install?

So far as you have seen. We can't guarantee it's working flawlessly, however I do urge you to submit any bugs you find running with MySQL 5 to our bug tracker so that we *can* guarantee support for MySQL 5 in a future version. :)

At the time, I posted that comment, I just knew it worked. Didn't know that only what didn't work was fixed.

Trust me, I will submit any bugs I find to the bug tracker.

Archived