Online Users List Request

Guest • Jay •

I think the guests should be left in the online list ... I'm not sure if you noticed, but there are two links to view the member list - view by last click and view by member name. You can click view by member name and it will do what you need. So really, there are two default views - just depends which one you click.

I am a big security guy, so I NEED to see all guests w/IP addresses and what they are doing. (Even though I know you did not say to remove this feature completely I still mentioned it for some reason :D)

Keith

I think the guests should be left in the online list ... I'm not sure if you noticed, but there are two links to view the member list - view by last click and view by member name. You can click view by member name and it will do what you need. So really, there are two default views - just depends which one you click.

I am a big security guy, so I NEED to see all guests w/IP addresses and what they are doing. (Even though I know you did not say to remove this feature completely I still mentioned it for some reason :D )

Keith

Yes, there are two links to see the member list. My gripe is that you have to select to see only registered members every time you go there if you don't want to see guests. It would be nice if the board would either set a cookie (probably better) or store your preference to see registered members only in the database.

Edited to add bold to avoid repeating the same thing in another post.

Yes, there are two links to see the member list. My gripe is that you have to select to see only registered members every time you go there if you don't want to see guests. It would be nice if the board would either set a cookie (probably better) or store your preference to see registered members only in the database.

Here's what I see

[b]Show detailed by:[/b]

Last Click

Member Name

Click the one that says member name and you will get what you want. I do see the potential for a small bug, as a few guest listing do show up in the list, but when I wrote this there were 178 guests and 84 members online. The first link had 10 pages and the second only had 4.

As I said ... what you want is already there.

Keith

Jay is asking not to have to click on Show detailed by: Member Name :rolleyes:

Yes, there are two links to see the member list. My gripe is that [b]you have to select to see only registered members every time you go there if you don't want to see guests[/b]. It would be nice if the board would either set a cookie (probably better) or store your preference to see registered members only in the database.

Edited to add bold to avoid repeating the same thing in another post.

May be even to choose Show detailed by: Last Click and Show Registered Only to be a user pereferance :)

If I'm understanding Jay correctly (and I think Andrew is saying the same thing here)..

Last Click, Member Name, Members sorted by Last Click

Something like that.

Maybe:

Show detailed by: All visitors, Member Name, Members Last Click

"All visitors" might be the new name for the last-click, so it's not confused with Members Last Click.

If that's what you mean Jay, then I'm in favor of this too.

Archived