Automatic posting

Guest metalsoft

Hi

I want to implement a IPB into my news system. If I post a new article there should be a topic in the forum too with the same headline and text. So I need to call the post function somehow to add a topic to the database of the Board.

Can anybody give me a hint how to do that ? :charles:

Well for example I want to make a download submission page which allows a huge amount of data besides what a forums posts allows (i.e. multiple fields, multiple uploads etc.) but then I want a simple post in the forums:
There has been a new download submission. If you can test it post here that you are doing so and reply with how it goes.

That way multiple people can manage download submissions easily without doubling up on work ;)

Wouldnt it be easyer to make a topic in the forums and have the news import topics from the forums then... :-" You could also add a link to comments then and link it to the topic. Something like IPB Portal .. or just use that? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi

the forum should not be the center of my site. Furthermore there are some special features in the newssystem that will be lost if I use a normal IPB portal ..

hm but I can't be that difficult , can it ?

has anybody worked with the sdk ? it seems to be quite easy ... But I have on e problem. I want to logout a user and then login another user and then logout this user again and login the first user again.

But I can't get the password of the user that is currently logged in because it just gives me a MD5 thing I think.
looks like this for example: d951dc0e16eee042f8024bac19c9ecbf

I don't know very much about that crypto stuff. Can I somehow use this encrypted password to log the user in again ?

thanks for help

Hi

I want to implement a IPB into my news system. If I post a new article there should be a topic in the forum too with the same headline and text. So I need to call the post function somehow to add a topic to the database of the Board.

Can anybody give me a hint how to do that ?  :charles:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This does sound interesting and it would probably make a good feature. Maybe it could be an option of the upcoming blog-like system.

Archived