Members can no longer validate their account creation

Hello, πŸ™‚

This problem began after I installed the last update, but I don't know if it is linked to it.

Members can no longer validate their account and get stuck at the user validation step :

Could contain: File, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen

I noticed two of them canceled their registration.

I also tried to create an account and when I clik on the link in the email my board sent me, I got this messageΒ :

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

How can I fix this ?

Thank you. πŸ™‚

Are you using an external email service? Do they place any link tracking on those links? If so, you will want to disable those temporarily for testing to see if this impacting it.

I think they are not using external email services and so there are no tracking on the link.

As for me,Β I tried creating an account and it didn't work. It ends with the message :Β 

Oops!

There was a problem with the link you followed to validate your account.

Β 

The link in the email is :

https://mycommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=register&do=validate&vid=c2a07d86ac7692b1d8116fec2183118e&mid=277587

Β 

Did you edit your email templates at some point? The last version adds some changes (a security key value) to the URLs, and it's clearly missing in the URL you posted.

Β 

Check if the email templates are edited, if they are make note of the changes you made, revert them, and re-apply your changes.

Thank you. I had added a few words to the "Registration validation" email template a long time ago... I reverted it. πŸ™‚

I have chosen both email and administrator validation but now, when I create an account, it behaves as if there is no email validation sent : I receive no email and anyway, the account appears in the members section as waiting for the admin validation :

Could contain: Text, Nature, Night, Outdoors

At least members can have their account created. But is this normal ?...

Thank you πŸ™‚

Posted (edited)

It’s ok in fact : this last problem came I think from the fact that I created and deleted several times the same account with same email and login. Now everything is working fine. πŸ™‚

thank you πŸ™‚

Edited by SecondSight