IPS5 0Auth Slave

ekforum

I currently have a v4 invision community. Let's call this community A for example. 

If I set up a new v4 (community B) (as v5 isn't released yet) invision community and use my existing v4 community A as the master oAuth login server, and then the new invision community B members can login with their pre-existing community A login. My question is, if I upgrade community B to v5 at release, but keep my community A as v4, will that still work fine with the logins on the new community?

I do not wish to upgrade my old community as too many plugins and applications but would like an additional forum where they can login with their existing login. 

I presume upgrade from v4 to v5 will be absolutely fine. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. How would I go about setting up my current Invision instance as the master/server so members can login to other services/websites using OAuth, with their login credentials for my current forum?

Looking under OAuth within the admin side, looks like that is just to set it up for other Oauth services to log into my current forum but not the other way around. 

And is there a way to limit the login on other services by specific member groups?

Many thanks in advance

Edited by ekforum

8 minutes ago, Marc said:

You would be using the API section for this. If you go to System>API, you will see you can set up OAuth clients in that area

Thank you, I will check that section! 🙂 

Am I correct in thinking there is no way to limit it to specific user groups?