Issue upgrading forum

I have been unwell for a while and wasn't able to keep on top of the upgrades needed to keep my forum up to date.  Now I'm feeling better, I have in the last couple of days bought an upgrade to my forum to take it from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.0 or above.  However, when I tried to implement the upgrade through the admin panel, I was met with this message: 

'A configuration or server error has occurred: 1C287/2 You are running PHP version 7.4.33. You need PHP 8.0.0 or above. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for an upgrade.'  

I have spoken to my hosting company and they have come back to me with: 

'It's a bit of a catch-22 situation: if your website is set to PHP 7.4, you can access the IPS admin area to run the update, but it won't update unless your website is set to PHP 8.x. If the website is set to PHP 8.x, you can't access the IPS admin area to run the update.

I think you may need to ask IPS support how to get around this issue.' 

Does anyone in the community have any suggestions how we can get round this issue? 

Many thanks for your help with this.  

5 minutes ago, Easytiger747 said:

Hi Jim M, many thanks for your help.  As I'm not a techy person, I will pass this info on to my hosting company.  

Sounds good. If you do wish to be completely hands off on the technical side of things with our software, we do offer our Cloud hosting which is managed by us and all you need to focus on is your community 🙂