[ I HAVE FEW QUESTIONS BEFORE BUYING ANY PLAN ]

Posted (edited)

Hello Dear Community,

- Firstly, Im new/beginner for creating website. Im just testing trial for now.

- And I have few questions during this time;

1) How to change color of Member Groups Text ? ( I specified on the attachment. )

2) How to create/add chat room/chat lounge as a menu on the main page ?

3) The website i bought will have IP restriction or it will be public to all countries ?

4) Is creating cheat forums/cheat websites against to Invision Community ? Or its allowed.

Note:  I tried theme color editor on the AdminCP. I didnt work. It wasnt able to change that color. ( Member Group Texts )

Can any staff give detailed info about these questions ? Thank you...

Could contain: Text, Person, Face, Head

Edited by BriXsuS

4 hours ago, BriXsuS said:

1) How to change color of Member Groups Text ? ( I specified on the attachment. )

This would be the Group Formatting field while editing a group.

2) How to create/add chat room/chat lounge as a menu on the main page ?

We do not have a chat room. You can manage the menu in ACP -> System -> Menu Manager though.

3) The website i bought will have IP restriction or it will be public to all countries ?

All countries which are available to Amazon Web Services.

4) Is creating cheat forums/cheat websites against to Invision Community ? Or its allowed.

There are some restrictions. Keep in mind that we will comply with laws which we are applicable to and if you violate them, this may terminate your community: https://invisioncommunity.com/legal/

Hi @BriXsuS,

In addition to the answer above for your second question, there are third-party apps/plugins available to give your community a chat room/lounge. There is a new version of Invision Community being released so I would hold off on making fancy customisations or adding apps and plugins until then, but otherwise the software is extremely powerful.

Posted (edited)

Hello @Jim M thanks for your response,
---------------------------------------------------------

1) "This would be the Group Formatting field while editing a group."

1) I looked at everything in great detail, but I missed this part. Thanks for info, I found it.

2) "We do not have a chat room. You can manage the menu in ACP -> System -> Menu Manager though."

2) Yes I already know the Menu Manager.  Isnt IPS Inc. providing Public Chat Room Application/Module ?
( It can be more safe/trusted and legit than 3rd party sites. )

3) "All countries which are available to Amazon Web Services."

3) Thanks for info.

4) "
There are some restrictions. Keep in mind that we will comply with laws which we are applicable to and if you violate them, this may terminate your community: https://invisioncommunity.com/legal/"

4) I didnt completely understand this. Its against to IPS or not ? Im not saying this because Im going to create such a website. Just asking, Cuz I saw many websites whos providing game cheats or general cheats etc. by powered IPS Inc.

As an extra, I have another question;

- How to change font size of site's name ? ( ACP > System > General Configuration > Site Name ) Thanks...

Edited by BriXsuS

On 7/4/2024 at 6:42 AM, BriXsuS said:

Yes I already know the Menu Manager.  Isnt IPS Inc. providing Public Chat Room Application/Module ? ( It can be more safe/trusted and legit than 3rd party sites. )

We do not have a chat application. There are third party applications but we do not endorse them in any manner.

4) I didnt completely understand this. Its against to IPS or not ? Im not saying this because Im going to create such a website. Just asking, Cuz I saw many websites whos providing game cheats or general cheats etc. by powered IPS Inc.

We cannot advise really on the legalities of a given site. However, if what you're going to create a site which violates the terms provided, that would indeed not be allowed.

How to change font size of site's name ? ( ACP > System > General Configuration > Site Name )

This would require a customization of your theme which is outside our scope of support.

@Jim M,

"We do not have a chat application."
-> Alright.

"There are third party applications but we do not endorse them in any manner." -> Yeah Thats why i said that it can be more safe than
3rd party sites if Invision Community provides Public Chat Room Application/Modules to customers.

"We cannot advise really on the legalities of a given site." -> I meant Invision Community by saying IPS Inc.

"However, if what you're going to create a site which violates the terms provided, that would indeed not be allowed." -> Okay I didnt understand the legal notes of Invision Community. Is it forbidden to create game cheat sites ( providing/selling cheat softwares for games. ) by using Invision Community License ?

"This would require a customization of your theme which is outside our scope of support." -> So its same with Public Chat Room subject. Alright.

-
I couldnt quite find the answers I was looking for. And its a bad situation that there is no chat application and the font size cannot be changed.

- But thanks for your responses anyway.

2 minutes ago, BriXsuS said:

Okay I didnt understand the legal notes of Invision Community. Is it forbidden to create game cheat sites ( providing/selling cheat softwares for games. ) by using Invision Community License ?

Unfortunately, "cheat software" for games is rather vague. If you are stealing another company's Intellectual Property, providing pirated software, or selling ways for individuals to commit crimes/bad intentions (e.g. sell computer viruses) that would indeed violate our terms. However, if you are doing none of those things, selling digital goods is within the realm of our software. I would contact a lawyer if you are unsure if you are violating any laws or our terms.

4 minutes ago, BriXsuS said:

- I couldnt quite find the answers I was looking for. And its a bad situation that there is no chat application and the font size cannot be changed.

Sorry you feel that way. Font size can be changed through the theme system as mentioned, just we don't provide step by step instruction on how to customize themes. All that can be read in our documentation.