Deleting a filtered Clubs Widget made the homepage inaccessible

Mike G.

Hey team,

I was using extra fields and testing club filters on the sidebar widget. I deleted the extra field being used to filter, which resulted in an error on the homepage, making the sidebar widget unaccessible. I wasn't able to resolve the error until I disabled the club's application, which allowed me to access the club sidebar widget to delete it.

Although I was able to resolve it, I wanted to share in-case it's a bug or comes up again in the future.

Error Code Received:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `core_clubs`  LEFT JOIN `core_clubs_fieldvalues` ON core_clubs_fieldvalues.club_id=core_clubs.id WHERE ( FIND_IN_SET('Gaming',field_21) )
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'field_21' in 'where clause' (1054)
#0 {DIR} /system/Db/Select.php(388): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 {DIR} /system/Db/Select.php(446): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 {DIR} /system/Db/Select.php(370): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 {DIR} /system/Member/Club/Club.php(255): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 {DIR} /applications/core/widgets/clubs.php(165): IPS\Member\_Club::clubs()
#5 {DIR} /system/Widget/Widget.php(826): IPS\core\widgets\_clubs->render()
#6 {DIR} /system/Widget/Widget.php(926): IPS\_Widget->_render()
#7 {DIR} /system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(18979): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#8 {DIR} /system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer()
#9 {DIR} /system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(16153): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#10 {DIR} /system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->sidebar()
#11{DIR} /system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(7331): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#12 {DIR} /system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate()
#13 {DIR} /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(173): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#14 {DIR} /system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#15 {DIR} /system/Dispatcher/Front.php(567): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#16 {DIR} /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#17 {DIR} /index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#18 {main}