Google Two Factor Auth (2FA) QR Code image is broken when set it up.

Go to solution Solved by hyprem,

Hello,

I'm trying to force Google 2FA auth to our forum users.
However, I just noticed that the Google 2FA Setup QR Code image is broken now.

How can I solve this issue? (I checked it on two different IPS forums, but it has the same results v4.7.4 and v4.7.12)
I remembered that it had worked well before...
People can add 2FA by manually typing code, but it is not good for user experience.

image.png?ex=662f9242&is=661d1d42&hm=bcd75804f8c2acada48b660dd45d0ca9480b0438d559049929d8c851b12dca6c&=

When I check that image URL manually, its format is like below, but its page was not found with 404 error.
https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=200x200&chl=otpauth://totp/USEREMAIL@SOMETHINGEMAIL.com?secret=SECRECTCODE%26issuer=WEBSITENAME

Edited by Jipa331

I just came across this issue too, if you want to set up 2FA anyway you can click on the "not able to scan" and enter the code to your 2FA App, it's not that convenient, but security is not always convenient ;)

Just now, hyprem said:

I just came across this issue too, if you want to set up 2FA anyway you can click on the "not able to scan" and enter the code to your 2FA App, it's not that convenient, but security is not always convenient 😉

Ye, 
Maybe I need to wait until Google or IPS fix this issue.
Our users will cry, and tickets will be flooded even though they can see the "not able to scan" option. 😥