XAMPP and locale languages

Hello everyone,

I installed a version of IPB locally with XAMPP as I wanted to have a development environment. However, I'm having a language issue.

Indeed, XAMPP is well configured for English and French, but when I try to choose French (or English US) as the locale language, it is not listed in the IPB's settings (note that there are only strange languages listed that I haven't even configured in my XAMPP conf file):
Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

I also get an error saying that my locale code "fr_FR" is not supported
Could contain: Page, Text, File, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

Can you please help me?

@Marc Stridgen 

Thank you for your response.
I assure you that these locale files are not present on my server (here, my PC, because my server is XAMPP). In the list seen in my first message, it's noticeable that neither French nor English is present (only languages whose existence I wasn't even aware of 😅). I think there's a bug. I can't say exactly where, but my PC is indeed configured in French, that's for sure.

Unfortunately, there isnt much more I can advise there, as It's a local environment. I can certainly say however we have thousands of clients using the platform for many languages, many locales, on many server types. It can only pick up what is present.