Restrict Uploads of Certain File Types/Extensions to Certain Usergroups

Dreadknux

I might be missing something in the AdminCP, but it would be great to have the option to allow certain usergroups to upload particular file types/extensions to the community.

At present, there's a global option in ACP to allow users in general to upload files (and further set which filetypes they can upload). I use this to forbid regular users from uploading non-video/image files (like .zip or .exe files). But I would like the option for only Administrators to be able to upload .zip files to Downloads app (and other areas of the site), and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to do that. I trust the zip files I upload for my community, but I don't trust regular users with the same.

Can this be something that is added to V5 perhaps? Or if it's already a thing, please let me know! 😄

• 2 weeks later...

There needs to be some consideration given to different applications.  You don't want to allow zip or exe in regular posting, but you may want to allow zip in Downloads.  

By the way, I have the same broad issue.  I've seen a member, in their helpfulness, send the Mozilla installer packager executable to another member who - bless their heart - actually downloaded and installed an executable file from a random person on the internet.