Trying to get Google Credentials for Social Sign in.

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

It looks like they have added a step there. You would be choosing "external" unless you specifically have a domain with google and you want to log down google login only to users of that domain

The help dialog for the External option says...

Your app will only be available to users you add to the list of test users. Once your app is ready to publish, you may need to verify your app .

This seems wrong. I have a cloud account & my domain is not with Google. I even created an second google account and followed the steps there just to make sure the issue was not some setting or thing I had done years ago.

As I poke around in the google interface the IPS instructions really do not match. It is always possible I just have tunnel vision but anyway I am lost.

• Solution
36 minutes ago, John Horton said:

The help dialog for the External option says...

This seems wrong. I have a cloud account & my domain is not with Google. I even created an second google account and followed the steps there just to make sure the issue was not some setting or thing I had done years ago.

As I poke around in the google interface the IPS instructions really do not match. It is always possible I just have tunnel vision but anyway I am lost.

Until you publish your app, you can only access it via test users. You would need to publish the app in Google's API console website in order for non-test users to access it.

It's worth mentioning that these providers do change frequently and while our guide may not match 100% (we will update it), the idea is there and it should still function.