[Events] Allow Venues Without Addresses/Custom Addresses

I host a forum for an online game community, for which I use the events feature to invite people to in-game events. I would like to be able to create venues corresponding the in-game locations, but venues require a mailing address. Currently we must work around this by requiring event hosts to specify venues in the event description.

I see a few potential directions here:

• Add a Yes/No question for "Venue Has Address" which toggles the Address field.
  • Add a Yes/No question for "Venue Has Mailing Address". When Yes, the Address field is shown as today. When No, a simple text field is displayed allowing the user to provide custom input.
  • The ability to specify our own fields. For instance, I may want to specify a specific tavern in a specific city. In real life, this would simply be the name of the tavern and a mailing address we can punch into maps. But in a fictional world, all that may be needed here is the name of the tavern and the name of the city. In practice this could look like option 2, but having the flexibility to provide that additional information is useful.
Edited by Foxtrek_64

• Foxtrek_64 changed the title to [Events] Allow Venues Without Addresses/Custom Addresses