Please enter a valid URL for the sitemap.php file

H5K

Our sitemap is missing quite a few links.

We're trying to switch it back to "use recommended settings" to see if that fixes it but it's saying the URL is invalid, even though I have verified that the file exists and has 0644 permissions.

We're on the latest version of IPS too.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Your community has quite a few issues going on right now.

1. It has an invalid SSL certificate.
  2. The URL you included there has www, whereas your community does not use www.
  3. Looks like you're using a CDN on your community and it is not allowing things to load for me due to a CORs policy you're setting.

Items 1 and 2 may really be causing the issue here as the software isn't detecting the right/valid URL or may not entirely be able to get to it.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Your community has quite a few issues going on right now.

1. It has an invalid SSL certificate.
  2. The URL you included there has www, whereas your community does not use www.
  3. Looks like you're using a CDN on your community and it is not allowing things to load for me due to a CORs policy you're setting.

Items 1 and 2 may really be causing the issue here as the software isn't detecting the right/valid URL or may not entirely be able to get to it.

Thanks for looking into it:

1. This was occurring because I was changing some settings to troubleshoot. I changed them back.

2. I tried both with and without

Unfortunately even without the SSL errors I get the same error with/without www.

20 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Is the sitemap.php file present in your root directory?

Yes, it is. https://dekaron-rising.com/sitemap.php

That said, I found something interesting in the error logs.

sitemap.php works

sitemap.php?testsettings=1 does not

Edit: Now neither seem to be working.

This is the content of sitemap.php

<?php
/**
 * @brief        Public sitemap gateway file
 * @author        <a href='https://www.invisioncommunity.com'>Invision Power Services, Inc.</a>
 * @copyright    (c) Invision Power Services, Inc.
 * @license       https://www.invisioncommunity.com/legal/standards/
 * @package        Invision Community
 * @since        18 Feb 2013
 */

/**
 * Path to your IP.Board directory with a trailing /
 * Leave blank if you have not moved sitemap.php
 */
\define('REPORT_EXCEPTIONS', TRUE);
$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']    = __FILE__;
$path    = '';

$_GET['app']        = 'core';
$_GET['module']        = 'sitemap';
$_GET['controller']    = 'sitemap';

require_once $path . 'init.php';

if ( \IPS\Request::i()->testsettings )
{
    exit;
}

\IPS\Dispatcher\External::i()->run();

Edited by H5K

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I am getting error too many redirects from your server, you will want to check your server configuration and remove any custom redirects or rewrites. 

sorry, fixed that

sitemap.php is loading now

however sitemap.php?testsettings=1   is not

Things I've tried:

• Switching from LiteSpeed back to Apache
  • Renaming the ".htaccess" in the root directory
  • Support -> Something isn't working correctly
  • Disabling CSF/LFD
Edited by H5K

13 hours ago, H5K said:

Switching from LiteSpeed back to Apache

Please note that LiteSpeed is not supported by our software.

13 hours ago, H5K said:

however sitemap.php?testsettings=1   is not

I would not use that query string as a test as it is something we use on the page and will correctly be empty with that value. Everything seems fine from an access point of view.

Please note that you are also using CloudFlare with DDoS protection on so that may be stopping your server from seeing the page exists.

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

Please note that LiteSpeed is not supported by our software.

I would not use that query string as a test as it is something we use on the page and will correctly be empty with that value. Everything seems fine from an access point of view.

Please note that you are also using CloudFlare with DDoS protection on so that may be stopping your server from seeing the page exists.

I tried again (now after re-uploading all files) completely disabling Cloudflare and switching back to Apache instead of Litespeed and the issue is persisting.

I've also checked the System Error Logs and Error Logs and I'm not seeing anything that seems to be related. I am not sure what else to try. Is there a way to escalate this? I don't mind sharing my community login info or FTP info.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

19 minutes ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

12 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please ensure that CloudFlare protection stays off for our investigation.

Done. It is the site in my client area with "-" in the domain name. Thank you very much.

Edit: Erm.. it doesn't seem to be erroring anymore, but the sitemap seems to be incomplete. Our pages (especially download page) should appear in the site map but do not seem to be. Could just take a quick look at it? Thanks.

Edited by H5K

On 12/28/2023 at 5:34 PM, H5K said:

Edit: Erm.. it doesn't seem to be erroring anymore, but the sitemap seems to be incomplete. Our pages (especially download page) should appear in the site map but do not seem to be. Could just take a quick look at it? Thanks.

If its only just started to work, its very likely your sitemap hasnt fully built up as of yet