Oversight When Manually Adding New Member

PalmTalk

I was surprised to find that when I add a New Member manually (to prompt an interested party to register) that they get an email so they can complete their registration with a password and other profile information - but there is apparently no provision to have them Accept any Privacy and Terms of Use provisions - or Opt in/out in order to comply with GDPR and CPUU regulations. 

This has to be an oversight, and one that creates potential legal liability when using the manual registration option to help those having registration problems.

Shouldn’t be too hard to port them to the original registration page (or similar) and complete (or update) their registration/profile and Acceptance as it appears on that page already.

Thanks for your consideration.

Edited by PalmTalk

I agree. A typical use for me is to onboard users while the site is still in development and public registrations are turned off. Unless there is a native invite feature, creating users manually would be the only option for this scenario, but there is no good reason to not create proper member accounts with accepted terms, privacy and a dedicated newsletter choice, when the accounts are set up this way.