Video/Gallery Player Ads / Pre-Roll Support?

Dreadknux

Quick question about the advertisements we can include in our communities. Is there any plan to support video ads/pre-roll on the built-in IPS video player? Connect something like an Adsense or other GAM instance to allow for pre/mid/post-roll, with options to appear on all/only certain categorised videos?

Looking at my Adsense help page, it seems I can create a video ad tag but I don't think there is a means to insert this into a video on IPS. I imagine this could be an extra option in the AdminCP's Advertisements section?

EDIT: Just realised where I've posted this, d'oh. If there's no functionality for this yet, please feel free to move this to the Feedback forum. Sorry!

Edited by Dreadknux

I have moved this to  our feedback forum, however Im a little unsure as to what isnt already present there. From what I read, you add a video in adsense, which will give you some code. You can then add that code somewhere to show instead of your video code. Unless Im missing something, is there a reason you couldnt add that in the current ads section?

Thanks Marc - so the solution you mentioned there sounds like a manual thing (i.e. I upload a video somewhere, I post the link into my Adsense, Adsense spits out a code, and then I paste that code into a topic/page/whatever on my IPS community)?

What I'm thinking about is an integrated/automatic thing, built into the video player on my IPS community. So, I upload a video to Gallery, for example, maybe check a box to say "let this video run ads/pre-roll/whatever" and the ad is then served whenever users visit that Gallery's video page (or indeed, any instance where the video is embedded elsewhere on my community). I'm guessing that's not really possible with the links Google Adsense offers?