Unable to change test URL for license

Tom S.

I wish to update the test URL I use for my license, however, wen I click on the "Change Licensed URL" button I get the following error:

There seems to still be an installation of Invision Community at the URL on file. Before you can change the URL, you must first remove the existing installation.

I don't wish to change the url of the live site. Could I get some assistance with that?

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would be unable to assist with changing the URL of your test instance, as the test URL on file also has an installation present

I'm in the process of migrating it. So, when I've finished migrating, turned off the old test site the button in the client area will work? Or I would still need to reach out to you?

And separate question. My plan is to have the test site on a different domain to the live one, that should be fine right?

42 minutes ago, Tom S. said:

I'm in the process of migrating it. So, when I've finished migrating, turned off the old test site the button in the client area will work? Or I would still need to reach out to you?

You would need to reach out

42 minutes ago, Tom S. said:

And separate question. My plan is to have the test site on a different domain to the live one, that should be fine right?

Thats fine. We would usually advise using a subdomain for this. That way you can simply point it at wherever you are testing