Registration emails

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

All registration emails, including validation and password recovery emails, fail to work (do not send) when using the 'Invision Community in the Cloud' - or - 'SMTP' delivery methods. Are there any other settings required to ensure the functionality of these emails?" (note the email settings were tested successfully using the Test Settings function

Edited by Emil 2023

When I test it, the email messages are simply not delivered (not in spam). But the testing function in Invisioncommunity states test is successful. Approx 70% of users do not receive the system emails (validation email, password reset) though there is no obvious pattern (e.g. it's not like all gmail don't receive it etc. ). This is the same for both SMTP and using Invision Community in the Cloud. It could be something really obvious and simple in the  email settings but I cannot spot it. 

• Solution

I know for a fact that the CiC email is working as I have tested it with my own site. If it’s not working with another SMTP server you know works or the CIC server, have you considered this is a problem with your own email service?  Have you tried having email sent to new/different addresses?

If CiC emails were not working, there would be a LOT of people posting about it here. 🙂