Gift Cards for Subscriptions?

PinPics
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I've been reading through the help guides and forum posts, and I've got a couple questions about Gift Cards.

We're not planning on selling any physical items through the Commerce App, since I don't want to get into something that is soon to be removed. We're planning on having two subscription options that will be monthly tiers, only available on a month-by-month basis -- no annual purchase. 

Gift Cards are configured under Commerce/Store/Settings -- will they be able to apply to subscription payments? I'm imagining the possibility of one member wanting to gift another member with a subscription, so they could purchase the gift card of matching amount.

Also, there was some mention of an invoice being generated every time a gift card was placed in a member's cart, even when not purchased. Is that the case? Not sure I want to open this can of worms, if it's going to result in a lot of notifications to plow through without actual purchases.

Thanks in advance!

• Solution

Gift cards get applied to an account as account credit so they can be applied to anything.

49 minutes ago, PinPics said:

Also, there was some mention of an invoice being generated every time a gift card was placed in a member's cart, even when not purchased. Is that the case? Not sure I want to open this can of worms, if it's going to result in a lot of notifications to plow through without actual purchases.

Any item which gets put in a cart would get an invoice created. That is currently how the software works.