Suggestions & issues with Clubs

WebCMS

1) It would be nice display Clubs in the widget on all pages which would be consistent. On my trial site, I have just one forum and no chance of going to list of forums to see the Clubs widget.

2) I understand clubs are just forums behind the scenes. But on hovering over a club card on Clubs page, it displays /club/2-General but on clicking the card, it displays /forum/... (I guess it was displaying /club/ in earlier version). Why not have /club/ in the URL which makes it look better? Or make the path configurable.

3) Breadcrumb missing on clicking on a Club card.

4) Forums and Blogs have Ratings. Clubs and Articles would be great with Ratings.

5) On hovering over Ratings stars, the stars get unhilighted and don't restore (even if we don't click on them). The only way to restore the stars is to refresh the page.

6) When all clubs are displayed in a widget, it should show a checkmark on the club names where the user is a member of as a visual cue. Or make it configurable to show checkmark or not to save some SQL queries and load on the dB.

1 hour ago, WebCMS said:

1) It would be nice display Clubs in the widget on all pages which would be consistent. On my trial site, I have just one forum and no chance of going to list of forums to see the Clubs widget.

Can add the Clubs menu to your navigation in the Menu Manager or you can opt in to show all your content in line with the site which would add Club forums to your general forum list.

1 hour ago, WebCMS said:

2) I understand clubs are just forums behind the scenes. But on hovering over a club card on Clubs page, it displays /club/2-General but on clicking the card, it displays /forum/... (I guess it was displaying /club/ in earlier version). Why not have /club/ in the URL which makes it look better? Or make the path configurable.

Clubs are not just forums behind the scenes. A Club is basically a small subset of any of the applications available in the software. The Club is a hub for all of that for a sub-set (a club) of your members, which is why you go to /club/....

1 hour ago, WebCMS said:

3) Breadcrumb missing on clicking on a Club card.

If Clubs is your default module, it will not show but all Clubs have breadcrumbs back to Clubs.

I have moved this to our Feedback forum as well for insights on the rest.

Yeah, I understand clubs are like micro-forums.

Forum widgets display on all pages but Clubs widgets don't which is inconsistent. I've added a menu item but that does not display the widget on the sidebar along with forum widgets.

Hovering on a club card shows /clubs/2-general but clicking on it takes me to /forum/2-general. It would be nice to have /clubs/2-general in the URL that was shown on the club cards. If the URL is showing /forum/... why do we call it a club? The path could be made configurable if necessary (/clubs/ or /forums/).

Clubs is not the default module on my site. Clicking on a Club card does not show the breadcrumb (missing). But clicking on a topic inside the club shows the the full breadcrumb.

HTH

You are making a little too much of the URLs there. When you click on a club forum, you are in a forum, and therefore that is indeed what the URL will show. This is the same for many areas of the software. 

In terms of widgets, all widgets show in a widget area. I would need to know what you mean in terms of not showing everywhere. Are you referring to showing on every club? What widget?

That is indeed correct. This area contains "My clubs" (a guest cannot have clubs they have joined), "Recent activity in my clubs" (as with the previous they have no clubs they have joined), and the newsletter signup (you cannot sign up to the newsletter as a guest).

On the Invision platform, if there are no items for an item to be able to be displayed to a user, that item wouldnt show.

I was referring to clubs widget not showing and not listing Public and Open clubs to guests. The entire sidebar is not rendered on /clubs page but sidebar (and public/open clubs in widget) is visible on other pages to guests. If you go to the Stocks club while logged out, sidebar is visible

https://h328096.invisionservice.com/forum/3-topics/

I’m not sure why sidebar is not visible on /clubs page

https://h328096.invisionservice.com/clubs/

i think the sidebar and the clubs widget should display public/open clubs to guests (unless I’m doing something wrong)

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

When logged out, clicking on Clubs menu item (/clubs), the sidebar is gone. It should render the sidebar and the Clubs widget showing Public and Open clubs to guests for consistency. Sidebar (and public/open clubs in widget) is visible on other pages to guests.

https://h328096.invisionservice.com/clubs/

When logged out, clicking on a Club card, the Clubs widget is gone from the sidebar. It should show the Clubs widget showing Public and Open clubs to guests - like it does on other pages for consistency.

https://h328096.invisionservice.com/forum/3-topics/

The sidebar and the Clubs widget showing Open/Public clubs should always display to guests like it does on other pages.

HTH

Could contain: File, Webpage

Could contain: File, Webpage, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen

As previously mentioned, only items relevant to the person viewing are shown. If there are no items relevant to that specific person, then a sidebar would not be shown. This is as per design. I have taken a look on the site there, and there isnt actually anything showing when logged in that would show to a logged out user