Site footer for page blocks

EDK-Tech

Feature suggestion: 

Option to enable a footer area where blocks, such as menu links or other blocks, can be dragged and placed. 

I was going to suggest this to be included once the pages app is purchased, but since all apps are included,...

11 minutes ago, EDK-Tech said:

Feature suggestion: 

Option to enable a footer area where blocks, such as menu links or other blocks, can be dragged and placed. 

I was going to suggest this to be included once the pages app is purchased, but since all apps are included,...

With an option (or drag and drop inherited option) of how many columns to have.

8 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Im not sure how this differs from the existing block manager. Please could you clarify?

I mean to use the existing block manager. 

Probably in the theme settings, have a option to enable a footer area with some addition settings for styling (colors) and number of columns and their widths.

Like other apps, (such as blog, gallery, and files) the footer would be editable on the front end using the same block manager that's used for pages; using the same blocks, the footer area would be a separate section where blocks can be placed.  

For example, if I login to the front end of my website as the administrator, I will see the tab on the left to open the block manager. Once I open the block manager, an outline of different sections where blocks can be placed is shown. The footer should be another separate section for blocks.

Also, once enabled, join the upper footer area with the copyright footer area, so that they appear as a single footer (like normal website footer that have a copyright section and a widgets section. 

40 minutes ago, Fosters said:

I guess you mean something like my app

something like it. But it's technically not in the footer (as advertisements are appearing beneath it on my site), its functionality is slightly faulty, it's only editable in the admin panel, and it doesn't complement the copyright footer.

I only use the custom html block for it, so I'm not sure if it supports all blocks.

I think that if IPS included this, it would be cleaner, more functional, and complement Invision Community better.