Can't login anymore

Hello

Today when I visited my board, I was logged out. When I try to login, I can't get in from any of my accounts. Asking for a new password, does not work either, as I don't receive any emails.

UPDATE: I managed to get the reset email for my main account, changed the password. Still, I can't get into the backend.

Therefore still … What to do?!

Thanks
Gunnar

Edited by Gunnar Kristiansen

Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean as you have to be logged in to post here so you were able to login. If you're having issues obtaining access for a certain account and you don't receive an email, that would indicate that email address doesn't have an account.

Just now, Jim M said:

Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean as you have to be logged in to post here so you were able to login. If you're having issues obtaining access for a certain account and you don't receive an email, that would indicate that email address doesn't have an account.

Not here, on my own board that I host 🙂

How can I reset my admin login password, that might help 🤔

Just now, Gunnar Kristiansen said:

Yes, I am getting warned by Safari that it is not a safe site (login) - HTTP I presume. Can I fix this via FTP somehow?

If you are running a HTTP to HTTPS redirect, please remove that redirect on your server (sometimes in .htaccess) and then ensure that you're running HTTPS in conf_global.php for your community's URL.

1 minute ago, Gunnar Kristiansen said:

I can't see that I have a redirect going in the .htaccess file, but I manually just changed the lines with HTTP to HTTPS in my conf_global.php file.

Still, the problem persists...

I am not seeing that it is HTTP anymore and I am getting an error at least now when attempting to log in. If your email configuration is not working for the password reset, that may be the next problem, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

I am not seeing that it is HTTP anymore and I am getting an error at least now when attempting to log in. If your email configuration is not working for the password reset, that may be the next problem, unfortunately.

But there is no link saying "Reset password" at the admin login-page. Is that normal?

18 minutes ago, Gunnar Kristiansen said:

OK, so when I'm in the forum and I have the admin link i the menu, I should be able to get into the back end with no further logins?

Yes, the back end and front end login for your admin account are the same login. The only way you would have any further login needed is if you have specifically set up two factor authentication for the admin CP

Just now, Gunnar Kristiansen said:

Do you know how I can be at the forum, but have no access to the back end when I click the Admin CP link in the menu? (Where it forwards my to a login-page with no "forgotten password" function).

The sessions for the front-end and ACP are different so you would need to login again to the ACP if you only logged in to the front-end. However, they are the same credentials.