New Forum Not Showing Up?

Go to solution Solved by amoncur,

I'm just starting my community setup and deleted the default forum that comes with the platform. I then created a new forum category with a discussion form underneath it (see screenshot of ACP below). Here is the site: https://www.thewave.engineer/forums/

Could contain: Page, Text

However, when I look at the front end nothing is there....no General category and no Personal Projects discussion (see screenshot below). 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the forums to show up on the front end? 

They (General Copy and General Copy 2) are not in a category, so they won't show up until you put them in one ('General') or you create a new one and make it their parent category.

'General' and 'Personal Projects' - ensure that 'General' is set to be viewable by checking the permissions set for it.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

• Solution

Thanks, Nathan. General is set to be viewable. For some reason when I created Personal Projects via the Create Now button (below) then assign it to the General parent category, the Personal Projects forum doesn't show up. 

Could contain: Text

However, when I created it using the + button in the General category (below) it worked. Not sure why that is. Anyway, it's working now so I guess I just need to use the + button. 

Could contain: Page, Text, Logo, Cutlery

15 hours ago, amoncur said:

Thanks, Nathan. General is set to be viewable. For some reason when I created Personal Projects via the Create Now button (below) then assign it to the General parent category, the Personal Projects forum doesn't show up. 

Could contain: Text

However, when I created it using the + button in the General category (below) it worked. Not sure why that is. Anyway, it's working now so I guess I just need to use the + button. 

Could contain: Page, Text, Logo, Cutlery

If you have that issue again, please leave it as it is and let us take a look