Unknown loss of site format

Greetings!

This pertains to my Dev site which is fully upgraded.  Two third-party apps had updates; Members Country and Community Map.  I updated the two apps and then all site formatting/theme was lost.  Everything displays in "site map" format.

I added recovery into the constants.php and that did not correct the issue.

Then I deleted both apps and that did not correct it either.

Any suggestions on how to recover?

Thank you!

Pending what Randy mentioned with clearing cache, is this a new test instance (or, not to sound demeaning, at least one you haven't double checked the storage configuration of)? In my haste before setting up a new test instance, my storage configurations have been set to the same as my production and it cause conflicts so ensuring the two are separate are a good troubleshooting step.

Thank you Randy and Jim.  I did clear the cache multiple times.  Additionally, this is my long standing Dev server, isolated storage etc...

Usually when something like this happens, Recovery mode disables everything and allows me to then test... Not this time.  I am perplexed.

I installed the PayPal patch and then updated the two apps.  All stated successful.

I found a solution.  Unsure why it worked.  I turned off NGINX proxy mode (disabling apache) and switched site to dedicated NGINX.  Everything came back up.  It has always been FPM/Apache Dedicated...  Not sure why that stopped working for Dev.  Production site is still set that way and working fine.