403 error when editing a plugin

Go to solution Solved by Ryan Ashbrook,

Just recently moved one of my forums to new hosting. Finally have a need to edit a plugin. 

After I make the edit and click Save in the admin console I get a 403 forbidden error. 

I assume this is a folder/file permissions issue.  What permissions should they be set too. 

Is there a utility to set permissions? 

Board is on 4.77

• Solution

If you can update your Admin CP details in your client area, I can check this for you. However, a 403 typically means that your host has Mod Security or some other firewall / security software in place that is blocking the request.

I would recommend contacting your host to see if this is the case and, if so, change the configuration to allow the request to go through properly.

37 minutes ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

If you can update your Admin CP details in your client area, I can check this for you. However, a 403 typically means that your host has Mod Security or some other firewall / security software in place that is blocking the request.

I would recommend contacting your host to see if this is the case and, if so, change the configuration to allow the request to go through properly.

I've updated the info in my client area.