Spam Bot Repeatedly Trying To Purchase Subscription

Hello all, 

Not sure if anyone else has had this, but within the last 30 days I have had two accounts register with the site and then try and purchase one of our premium products, however they try the purchase like 500 times, so this is definitely a bot. Is there a way to mitigate this from happening ? 

Thanks,
P

There are not preventive measures in place to stop this kind of activity. Any thing of this nature, that is abusing your community, I would recommend blocking at the network/server level anyway. You may wish to contact your hosting provider for assistance.

23 hours ago, Jim M said:

There are not preventive measures in place to stop this kind of activity. Any thing of this nature, that is abusing your community, I would recommend blocking at the network/server level anyway. You may wish to contact your hosting provider for assistance.

While I agree that is the most sensible way to go about it, is there not a way to implement a captcha method of sorts to help mitigate it? 

Blocking from the network level is fine, but would have to be done on a case by case basis depending on the origin of the attach etc. I would have thought a captcha method would catch any and all different offenders.

1 minute ago, panzerscope said:

While I agree that is the most sensible way to go about it, is there not a way to implement a captcha method of sorts to help mitigate it? 

There is not a CAPTCHA for checking out. You can disable Guests from adding things to their cart which will in turn prevent invoices and thus go through registration and validation to purchase things. Alternatively, you can certainly suggest any preventative measures you see fit in our Feature Suggestion forum.

34 minutes ago, Jim M said:

There is not a CAPTCHA for checking out. You can disable Guests from adding things to their cart which will in turn prevent invoices and thus go through registration and validation to purchase things. Alternatively, you can certainly suggest any preventative measures you see fit in our Feature Suggestion forum.

Thanks Jim, 

I will make that feature suggestion. Just a quick one, where do I go to set it so that guests cannot add anything to cart ?