Users being bulk marked spam and {"spammer":"1"} in logs all on one day.

I didn't catch this until now, but a bunch of users were marked as Spam on October 17th.  The log only says "{"spammer":"1"} " under account activity with no mention of whodunnit.  Some of them are users that I know personally, so I know for a fact that I didn't mark them as spam, and there is no way I did that many spam tags on the same day without remembering it.

Unfortunately, my Spam Defense logs prune at 30 days. Also, unfortunately, I don't recall when I did the last IPS update, but it sounds to be around the right time.

I know it's probably not fixable on my site, but I at least wanted to make you aware of it and hear your thoughts.

Thanks! I can access now. I have transferred this to a ticket so we can better investigate. There are a few third party add-ons installed to deal with either spam control or email sending so it could be from one of those so I'd like to investigate further to ensure it isn't a bug on our end.

Just now, Jim M said:

Thanks! I can access now. I have transferred this to a ticket so we can better investigate. There are a few third party add-ons installed to deal with either spam control or email sending so it could be from one of those so I'd like to investigate further to ensure it isn't a bug on our end.

Great! Thanks.  I'm sure if it is either of those plug-ins, the developers would want to know about it.