URL change

I'm afraid, Test URLs are only reset when the domain on the Live URL is changed. However, I can offer you a one-time courtesy reset if you wish to utilize a sub-domain on domain which is used for your Live URL (e.g. if your Live URL is domain.com then test.domain.com ). This way you can simply change your DNS should you need to change servers, etc... 

Please let us know.

I thought I have a license for a domain and then one test site which I want to change the url and if you could change the test site I would appreciate it I am keeping the claritasinvestors.com and want to change. the workingjoe.ca/test thanks. do you need the new url?

Edited by Drewfus

4 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

I thought I have a license for a domain and then one test site which I want to change the url and if you could change the test site I would appreciate it I am keeping the claritasinvestors.com and want to change. the workingjoe.ca/test thanks. do you need the new url?

We license on the URL, not the domain. The Test URL is a permanent URL once set, unless as previously mentioned, you change the domain on the Live URL. That is the only case which we would reset the Test URL.

If you would like to take advantage of the courtesy reset I am offering, we would require the new Test URL, yes. I would recommend using a sub-domain of your Live URL's domain, however. As this would give you the most flexibility.

the new url is ipbfiles.com and yes please change it and it is a subdomain of my licened url. It's going to be my theme demo site. I see guess you can't change it because I am not changing the licensed url.

thanks for the courtesy.

Edited by Drewfus

9 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

the new url is ipbfiles.com and yes please change it and it is a subdomain of my licened url. It's going to be my theme demo site. I see guess you can't change it because I am not changing the licensed url.

thanks for the courtesy.

By theme demo site, this is for a demo for your own internal purposes, correct? Test URLs cannot be used by the public so if you're selling themes on our Marketplace, you would not be able to use a Test URL as your demo.

A sub-domain also of your Live URL, would be like test.claritasinvestors.com . ipbfiles.com is a whole new domain 🙂 .

5 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

ok I got ya guess I will just use the test url I have then I don't want to buy a whole new license for a new domain.

If this is for your internal use (just you and your community's staff), I am happy to provide you with the courtesy still. However, if that is not the intention and the intention is the below then you would not want to move forward:

By theme demo site, this is for a demo for your own internal purposes, correct? Test URLs cannot be used by the public so if you're selling themes on our Marketplace, you would not be able to use a Test URL as your demo.

Thats ok I appreciate all your time I have put the test url backup because it was going to be used as a theme demo site so people on the marketplace could test my themes but if the test site can't be used by the public it would be useless. I will figure something else out thanks for your time.

Edited by Drewfus

13 hours ago, Drewfus said:

Thats ok I appreciate all your time I have put the test url backup because it was going to be used as a theme demo site so people on the marketplace could test my themes but if the test site can't be used by the public it would be useless. I will figure something else out thanks for your time.

Indeed that would be a live site, not a test site, as its actively being used by someone other than yourself for testing.