Stripe Issues

Hello there,

I am having some sort of issue after migrating my forum to new server provider. Stripe got disabled and payments were blocked on forum, so I tried to reconnect stripe again but run into some issues I can't fix myself.

I get these errors and don't know how to fix them.

IPS\Http\Request\CurlException: https://api.stripe.com/v1/account
Could not resolve host: api.stripe.com (6)
#0 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(422): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#1 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(298): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_executeAndFollowRedirects('GET', NULL)
#2 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/applications/nexus/sources/Gateway/Stripe/Stripe.php(1088): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->get(NULL)
#3 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/applications/nexus/sources/Gateway/Stripe/Stripe.php(1032): IPS\nexus\Gateway\_Stripe->api('account', NULL, 'get', Array)
#4 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/gateways.php(129): IPS\nexus\Gateway\_Stripe->testSettings(Array)
#5 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\_gateways->IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\{closure}(Array)
#6 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/gateways.php(153): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#7 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\_gateways->form()
#8 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/gateways.php(44): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/paymentsettings.php(81): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\_gateways->execute()
#11 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\_paymentsettings->__call('form', Array)
#12 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/exspiracheats/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

The first two lines of that error indicate this is a server issue that your host needs to investigate.

For some reason your server is unable to resolve the host name (api.stripe.com) in the Curl request.

First check the ACP -> Support page to see if there are any relevant warnings or errors.

Also make sure that your settings both in the ACP and at Stripe are still fully correct, but if they are, then your host needs to investigate why your server can't resolve that hostname.

13 minutes ago, Mark H said:

The first two lines of that error indicate this is a server issue that your host needs to investigate.

For some reason your server is unable to resolve the host name (api.stripe.com) in the Curl request.

First check the ACP -> Support page to see if there are any relevant warnings or errors.

Also make sure that your settings both in the ACP and at Stripe are still fully correct, but if they are, then your host needs to investigate why your server can't resolve that hostname.

Connections to external websites are not working. This can cause problems with third party services. You should contact your hosting provider to ask for this problem to be resolved.

https://remoteservices.invisionpower.com/connectionCheck/?version=107017
Could not resolve host: remoteservices.invisionpower.com

That is definitely a server issue then.

Our software must be allowed to make unrestricted outbound connections on ports 80 and 443, and the server must be able to resolve a hostname via the server's "resolver" utility.

You'll need to work with your host on this, but once external connections are allowed, and the server is able to resolve hostnames (api.stripe.com and remoteservices.invisionpower.com at the least), then that should resolve the problem.