Admin Area 500 error!

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

A 500 Internal Server Error is like the check engine light on your car. It says something is wrong but not exactly what or where. You will need to go to your server's error log to find the error related to what is happening here. 

Likely, this is related to an incompatible third party application/plugin. If so, you can try recovery mode here: 

However, if it is an issue with the core software, we will require the error log entry to proceed.

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

A 500 Internal Server Error is like the check engine light on your car. It says something is wrong but not exactly what or where. You will need to go to your server's error log to find the error related to what is happening here. 

Likely, this is related to an incompatible third party application/plugin. If so, you can try recovery mode here: 

However, if it is an issue with the core software, we will require the error log entry to proceed.

Thanks Jim......here are the logs:

[02-Nov-2022 22:06:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:11:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:12:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:12:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:13:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:20:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:21:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:21:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:22:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:23:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:24:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:25:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:28:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:31:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:43:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:48:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[02-Nov-2022 22:49:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[03-Nov-2022 07:47:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[03-Nov-2022 07:48:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[03-Nov-2022 07:56:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[03-Nov-2022 07:56:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[03-Nov-2022 09:34:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[03-Nov-2022 09:45:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37
[03-Nov-2022 09:46:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /path//system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 37

Edited by Jim M
remove directory

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Recovery mode gets enabled through a constant in your constants.php file 😉 . Please read the instructions below:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/client-services/getting-support-r292/#recoverymode

Can you clarify whether I have to create the constants.php file?

And where in the installation does it need to go? public_html?

1 minute ago, XTreme54 said:

Can you clarify whether I have to create the constants.php file?

And where in the installation does it need to go? public_html?

If you do not have a constants.php file, you would need to create one in your community's installation directory 🙂 .

21 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you do not have a constants.php file, you would need to create one in your community's installation directory 🙂 .

Many thanks Jim....I'm back in and third party addons are disabled.

But I can still see a hook showing up from one of them......how do I get rid of that?

Also, I've just gone to try and install an updated theme (new one) and I don't see any option to install a new theme?

1 minute ago, XTreme54 said:

Many thanks Jim....I'm back in and third party addons are disabled.

But I can still see a hook showing up from one of them......how do I get rid of that?

Also, I've just gone to try and install an updated theme (new one) and I don't see any option to install a new theme?

Please contact the author for assistance on their add-on. I'm afraid, we cannot answer that.

Are you attempting to install via the Marketplace? If so, please ensure it is compatible.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Please contact the author for assistance on their add-on. I'm afraid, we cannot answer that.

Are you attempting to install via the Marketplace? If so, please ensure it is compatible.

No....I'm not talking about the theme itself Jim......I'm referring to the option to install a new theme within the template section of the Admin area.

Could contain: Text, Page

Just now, XTreme54 said:

No....I'm not talking about the theme itself Jim......I'm referring to the option to install a new theme within the template section of the Admin area.

Could contain: Text, Page

You would click the "Create New" button there. If you are uploading a theme, you would click the "Manual Upload" link in the popup modal that will appear.

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would click the "Create New" button there. If you are uploading a theme, you would click the "Manual Upload" link in the popup modal that will appear.

But didn't there used to be an option to install an XML file when uploading a new theme? I'm not getting that.

• Solution
3 minutes ago, XTreme54 said:

But didn't there used to be an option to install an XML file when uploading a new theme? I'm not getting that.

That is indeed what is being mentioned 🙂 . You will want to click the "Manual Upload" link here:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Monitor, Computer Hardware, Screen, Hardware, Electronics