problem with default theme selection

Hello,

I switched IPS default theme to check a couple of issues happening with PHP 8.0. I set it as the default theme and also made it the default for all user groups. To my surprise, when I sign in a username to check what they see, I can see that:

• The user's template will not be the default one I selected for them on ACP
  • And the user will be able to select between two different themes

Could contain: Text

How can I hide the theme selection from the user? One of them contacted me right now asking me about this change.

I've set IPS default as default but when I sign in as the user:

1. He will not see IPS default theme, the user is still seeing the non-default "default theme". I set IPS default as default. See screenshot below.
  2. He will see two themes in the toolbar, as you can see in the screenshot above

Could contain: Text, Electronics

I want the users to use the default theme I chose and I do not want them to have a choice between two themes. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Now you have set that as default, edit the other theme and you will see permissions for user groups. Remove permissions for all groups. Job done 🙂 

Thanks a lot Marc, but I still have the same issue there. I did what you suggested before I submitted this help request.

Edited the Default theme, set members' permission to Admin only. I did it again. See screenshot.

Could contain: Text, Page, Word

I've set IPS default as the default theme for everyone. However, I still have the same issues:

When I sign in as a user:

• The user will see two themes to choose from
  • The user is seeing the old non-default template

The user's usergroup I signed in with is NOT an admin and he still can see the theme selection (two themes) and the default theme is NOT being displayed. I tried it a few times and it doesn't work.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would need an example user to take a look at. They should not see a theme they have no permission for

Any user... for example embry228

There is another issue I logged out as administrator. Signed in again and I see the non-default theme as well. I do not set the default IPS Default theme, I had to select it from the pencil icon in the toolbar.

12 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The red arrow, this has access to all groups

The green arrow is your current default theme

Therefore that user (and all users) does indeed have access to 2 themes

Could contain:

Thanks Marc. I've changed the permissions for the Default template a couple of times, as explained in a previous reply. 

image.png.9f317d95b31c54424978e9901fd45f 

But after a while the permissions are reseted and I can see Default theme with ALL the tick boxes checked again. That's why you can see that now, I guess.

Now, I see administrator is the ONLY user group that can see the DEFAULT them. Then I logged in as a non-admin with a dummy user called dummyuser and I still can see the two themes 😞 See screenshot.

Could contain: Text

So, I returned to ACP and I can see that the Default's permission has been reverted AGAIN to ALL user groups 😞 There is something wrong going on here. The permissions are not saved and they are reverted all the time. So I can see both themes as a choice again.

I pasted the screenshots in real-time as they happened. I am not dreaming. I've done this like 3 times and the permissions are not saved.

Could contain: Text, Page, Word, Number, Symbol, File

Edited by OptimusBain

24 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you disabled your other 3rd party items and saved this again?

I did disable 3rd party applications and plugins. The issue is still there. Maybe I am not using the permissions probably, I don't know 😞 

I want IPS default theme as the default theme for everyone. I only want the ADMIN to see the Theme selector in the frontend's toolbar. What are the exact steps I need to follow in order to achieve that? I believe I've done it a few times and I still can't accomplish that.

IPS default is the front-end theme right now.

Could contain: Text, File, Page, Webpage

But I signed out of my session with dummyuser and the theme choice selection is still there and the default theme is NOT the one I've chosen in ACP 😞 There are two issues, if IPS default is the front-end theme, why is dummyuser seeing Default when he logs in?

I've done this running PHP 7.4 and 8.0. The same issue happens on both. I logged in as dummyuser and still have the exact same issue with PHP 7.4. I tried it with 8.0 and the same.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol

Edited by OptimusBain

20 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The only thing you should be doing from where you are is edit the theme you dont want them to see, deselect all groups other than admin, and save. Could I confirm you are doing nothing more than that?

I've done that 10 times already Marc 😞 

That doesn't work, and it doesn't change the fact that dummyuser is not an admin and he can see the two themes selection in the toolbar and his default template it not the one chosen in ACP (IPS default).

Checked this on PHP 8.0 and 7.4, disable apps and plugins, same result.

Edited by OptimusBain