Integration between forum and gallery...

Carole Asselin

I know that the forum and the gallery are clearly using the same base platform so that is not where my question is.

My plan is to have a gallery AND a forum, but in my forum, I have all kinds of activities, workshops, etc. where participants will want to post their project. I know they will also want to post them in the gallery. Is there a way to have the image they post in the forum automatically added to their gallery? That would make things faster for them and prevent doubling on the uploaded files.

Or maybe an add-on?

3 hours ago, Carole Asselin said:

I know that the forum and the gallery are clearly using the same base platform so that is not where my question is.

My plan is to have a gallery AND a forum, but in my forum, I have all kinds of activities, workshops, etc. where participants will want to post their project. I know they will also want to post them in the gallery. Is there a way to have the image they post in the forum automatically added to their gallery? That would make things faster for them and prevent doubling on the uploaded files.

Or maybe an add-on?

I'm also looking for the connection in the other direction, when members upload images or make an album in their gallery I would like an option to make it a forum post, either automaticity or a simple option button or check box.

12 hours ago, Carole Asselin said:

By hotlinking?

My members are not always tech savvy so I am looking for the simplest way for them to showcase their image IF they choose to also put them in a gallery.

In the bottom right of the editor, you will see an "Other Media" button. Click that and you will have an option to choose from photos/videos you uploaded to Gallery.

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

In the bottom right of the editor, you will see an "Other Media" button. Click that and you will have an option to choose from photos/videos you uploaded to Gallery.

I have tried that just now and that is useful, but what I'm looking for is a simple way to link an album or an image to a forum post from the gallery? I hope Carole doesn't mind me asking this here on her topic. 

16 minutes ago, Alex Duffy said:

I have tried that just now and that is useful, but what I'm looking for is a simple way to link an album or an image to a forum post from the gallery? I hope Carole doesn't mind me asking this here on her topic. 

Sorry, this is not possible. You can insert images from Gallery into content but not have Gallery create content when you upload an image.