Webhooks, Zapier and integrations

MeanGene
Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

Hi everyone,

The community here has been very helpful. Appreciate everyone's patience with my noob questions.

I've spent the last hour googling
What are webhooks
What is zapier

Found a Blog on the invision site: Enhance your site with integrations.

I am trying to put this all together in my mind. But having never done anything like this before, I am struggling.

Hoping to rattle off some dumb questions and tip toe my way to a solution.

My goal.
Use the power of facebook to draw people to my Invision site.
If I could wave a magic wand and have the following...

Example: When a user posts a new Thread on my invision community. It gets auto posted to the FB page.
Or vice versa.

Now the above example may be a bit noisy and create a certain amount of spamming to the board/facebook page.
But this general idea is what I am after. Cross platform posting to bridge the gap.
Maybe through settings manipulation I can cater the cross platform posting to the most relevant items?

Webhooks integrations SEEM like the solution. Are they? Am I on the right track?
Do I need to sign up for Zapier service?
Am I able to create the example above natively with the current invision software?
Does Invision offer a web development service where I can hire someone to do the leg work and design it all out?

Again, I appreciate everyone's help. Hopefully some day I will be able to be of service and contribute back some knowledge.

Thank you.
Gene

• Solution
On 8/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, MeanGene said:

Example: When a user posts a new Thread on my invision community. It gets auto posted to the FB page.
Or vice versa.

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of Webhooks:)

Yes, this can be done with Zapier.

Do I need to sign up for Zapier service?

Yes, you'll need a Zapier Account.

Maybe through settings manipulation I can cater the cross platform posting to the most relevant items?

Yes, you can use filters to set only specific forums, BUT this will require a Zapier Feature called "Filters", which is only available on paid Zapier plans.

Does Invision offer a web development service where I can hire someone to do the leg work and design it all out?

we have a section with 3rd party service providers which can be hired for all kind of tasks 

https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/