Voice notes as replies

Could contain: Text, Person, Human

Hey Invision, this is @Jordan Miller. I'm posting as breatheheavy since I have an idea for a feature I'd like to implement in my community and figured it'd be fun to reach out to the community.

I recently implemented @onlyME's Chatbox+ application and the Chatbox Voice Notes plugin alongside it.

My community loves the feature and have asked me if I could also make it available for them to use as a reply. 

Ideally, the original topic starter can include a voice note as well.

Concept:

• Members can hit the record button and leave a voice note as a reply.
  • The member will still need to include some text to coincide with the voice note (so the replies are not just a string of voice notes, there must still be at least some text or an image or an embed to go with the voice note recording).
  • Once posted, other members can hear the voice note.
  • Members can also quote the voice note and respond with one of their own.

Why? Because it will add more depth to the member and add some cool new functionality to how online communities function. 

Do you think this is possible?

And if so, is anyone interested in helping me bring this idea to reality (onlyME mentioned they are not available at the moment to help)?

This is a paid job. 

Please feel free to comment or PM me if interested.

Thank you!

When the Chat voice released I asked for make it available for ips forum level...but the petition was refused.

Adding my point for that feature:

1. After finished the voice record, it should be appear a editor field to describe the voice note, so visually members can know that voice note talking about for what.

2. Part of ips platform good future, together this voice note feature, should be able to get another Transcription feature, so for who can not hear the voice note can choose converting it in text content. Something like the translation feature, from voice translate to text.

15 hours ago, kmk said:

When the Chat voice released I asked for make it available for ips forum level...but the petition was refused.

Adding my point for that feature:

1. After finished the voice record, it should be appear a editor field to describe the voice note, so visually members can know that voice note talking about for what.

2. Part of ips platform good future, together this voice note feature, should be able to get another Transcription feature, so for who can not hear the voice note can choose converting it in text content. Something like the translation feature, from voice translate to text.

Love this. Yes, transcription of the voice note is something I have thought about, too. However, that might be a bit complicated to start. 👌 

I think a good starting place would be to get the voice note functionality working in replies first! 

Greatly appreciate you weighing in, @kmk