Elasticsearch on Plesk/Docker

Can somebody help me to understand how Elasticsearch should be configured on the Plesk Server with Docker extension?

The goal: using Elasticsearch for multiple IPS communities.

Questions:

1. In AdminCP, I have to configure Elasticsearch Index Name (It is important to use different index names if multiple Invision Community installations are using the same Elasticsearch instance). In Plesk I see this:

Could contain: Text, Word, Page

Where Elasticsearch Index Name is configured? Is it a container name, volume mapping or environment variable? 😵

2. Right now, Elasticsearch does not run. The error is:

at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured

What of these variable must be configured and what values should be used if multiple communities are supposed to use elasticsearch.

Thank you!

Thanks, I am not comfortable editing files on the server directly 😄

I thought there would be a possibility to configure Elasticsearch as a multi-node via environmental variables shown above 😉

Elasticsearch is already running on my server, but it is a single-node now and the name of a node is randomly generated. I've got the name from logs. I wish I could define different nodes, one node per project, and name them myself.

Ahhh… gotcha. I’ve never tried to modify my elasticsearch via environment variables before, so I’m not sure if it possible. 

I just remember running into that same message the first time I set it up and had to modify the main config file to resolve it. 🙂

As a stupid idea… Google the elasticsearch.yml variables and see if you can just paste those into the env file. It’s possible they’ll load them properly!