The most trouble-less domain provider for IPS Cloud?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi,

I have a technically very (very-very) inexperienced customer. He will host his community in IPS Cloud. No domain so far. He is afraid that he will not be able to set up the domain to point it to IPS Cloud. He asks me where to register the domain.

From your own experience, can you name a domain provider (providers), whose configuration of the A records, MX records, DKIM, and whatever is needed has the least hassle? Would you recommend one, or is it completely irrelevant which provider he takes?

Thanks.

• Solution

To be honest, they are all quite similar in how they set things up. It would just be a case of following instructions from that provider. If they are pointing the whole domain to us, then it would be the nameserver, and we would set any other records up they want to be set up, such as mail (mx) records. They would just let us know what records they want us to set up after they are pointed to us.

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If they are pointing the whole domain to us, then it would be the nameserver, and we would set any other records up they want to be set up, such as mail (mx) records. They would just let us know what records they want us to set up after they are pointed to us.

I did know you have this service. Awesome!

Just now, Sonya* said:

I did know you have this service. Awesome!

Yes, once the domain is pointed to us, we can set up any records needed. It would just be a case of let us know 🙂  We have a lot of customers who have subdomains they need to be pointed elsewhere that they have set up too, for example. So need A records setting up for those