Facebook promote instructions

Sorry for bumping this topic but I cant get the Facebook promotion in any way shape or form using the instructions from IPS. Creating a test app doesn't give access to permissions and my admin app cannot call the "manage_pages", "publish_pages" and "publish_to_groups" permissions cause it requires a business account app.

So I created a business account app only to get stuck on "publish_to_groups" verification where Facebook requires you to upload a video of the function being used... Well, the function don't work without the permission so... And "manage_pages", "publish_pages" is still no where to be seen in any permissions by Facebook themselves according to this article:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/development/create-an-app/app-dashboard/app-types

And yes, the instructions on your tutorial are seriously outdated.

screen_recording.JPG.4a43351118039fce90ab6a38e2d61898.JPG

Edited by Sirmadsen

I have moved this into its own topic, as its facebook promotion not facebook login.

If you are in developer mode on your facebook application you will actually be able to use the function on your account that you dont have permission for. That is done so that you can test it, and indeed create a video to send over to facebook.

With the documentation for that, I do understand its outdated at present, however the reality here is we are documenting facebook functions, not our own functions. You would see the relevant docs on facebook if needed. I do have this on a list to update however. They do unfortunately change the functionality quite often

1 hour ago, Dreadknux said:

Unfortunately @Sirmadsen, this is a bug (not IPB's fault, but due to constantly changing API parameters by Facebook themselves) and I've logged it in this topic. It doesn't look like IPB will spend the resources to fix it (understandable), instead leaning on Zapier integration.

Thank you for responding and linking that 🙂