ACP Members Menu - Deleting Spammers

Washerhelp

Hi Jim. I'm quite upset about this because I reported it years back. Please see what I mean. You go to members and there are tabs for

ALL - LOCKED - BANNED - SPAMMERS - VALIDATING - ADMINISTRATORS

Click on banned and delete a member. The page refreshes delete the next banned member and you just deleted a legitimate member and all their content because when the page refreshed the control panel puts you back in the ALL tab but it's not remotely easy to realise.

Surely this can't be right or intended? Why does the tab need to change when you delete a member?

Edited by Washerhelp

1 minute ago, Washerhelp said:

Hi Jim. I'm quite upset about this because I reported it years back. Please see what I mean. You go to members and there are tabs for

ALL - LOCKED - BANNED - SPAMMERS - VALIDATING - ADMINISTRATORS

Click on banned and delete a member. The page refreshes delete the next banned member and you just deleted a legitimate member and all their content because when the page refreshed the control panel puts you back in the ALL tab but it's not remotely easy to realise.

Surely this can't be right or intended? Why does the tab need to change when you delete a member?

This is the current intended function. Here in support, I can only inform you on how the software operates today. If you would like to change it, please supply your suggestion in our Feature Suggestion forum. I'm sorry that not all suggestions would make it into the software.

Just now, Jim M said:

This is the current intended function. Here in support, I can only inform you on how the software operates today. If you would like to change it, please supply your suggestion in our Feature Suggestion forum. I'm sorry that not all suggestions would make it into the software.

Hi Jim. What possible reason could there be for changing tabs when the user has specifically selected to be in a specific tab in order to carry out work? There surely can't possibly be any reason or advantage to do that? I'm just stunned that no one seems to agree it's a terrible way of working and leads to legitimate members and content being deleted.

1 minute ago, Washerhelp said:

Hi Jim. What possible reason could there be for changing tabs when the user has specifically selected to be in a specific tab in order to carry out work? There surely can't possibly be any reason or advantage to do that? I'm just stunned that no one seems to agree it's a terrible way of working and leads to legitimate members and content being deleted.

I have split these items for you and moved it to our Feature Suggestion forum for you. Unfortunately, this is not something I can answer but it is currently, the intended function of the software.