Ability to upload custom plugins

Moonbeam
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Earlier this year, I commissioned a custom plugin, which has been running happily on my Starter plan cloud site ever since. (I mean, I assume it's happy; it doesn't talk much about its feelings.) But now, I see that uploading custom plugins is listed as outside the scope of the Starter package. Did this drop off the Starter plan list of features recently? I assume it did, or I wouldn't have been able to upload the first one, unless I'm some sort of unconscious hacking genius. (Spoiler alert: I'm not.)

I had envisioned commissioning additional plugins over time, but I have no intention of upgrading to the next plan anytime in the near future, since it would double the cost of running the site and I am nowhere near the membership level to justify it.

I am sad.

girl-447701.thumb.jpg.f7f626bbcf3e7dfda834509235ca5381.jpg

• Solution

This is not something that dropped off the starter plan. In fact the starter plan was always stated not to allow custom items. The fact it allowed their installation was actually a bug, which was resolved. Our growth plan is what you would need if you plan on using custom items

Ooh, I've been living a life of unconscious crime? No fair! I never even got a chance to enjoy that I got away with something illicit!

That said, if the need arises, will I be able to upload a new version of the custom plugin? For instance, if it someday needs to be updated to make it compatible with a new release of IBS? 

Damn-it-feels-good-to-be-a-gansta_o_91135.jpg.097dd98afa7bd71143ddd4e362f34f9d.jpg