Dangerous PHP Functions Enabled

I keep getting this error 

Dangerous PHP Functions Enabled

Some functions are enabled on your server which have the potential to cause serious damage to your community or server. If you are in a shared hosting environment, some of these functions may bypass the restrictions which prevent one account on the server affecting another. Their presence also increases the amount of damage that could be caused if your AdminCP is compromised.

Since Invision Community, and most other web applications do not use these functions, we recommend disabling them on your server, at least within the directory that your community is installed in. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator and ask them to be added to the disable functions PHP setting

exec system passthru popen proc_open shell_ex

Let me start off by saying I cannot turn these off via php file. My hosting provider (servebolt) told me I must turn these off by using my htaccess file. I'm clueless hot to use the .htaccess file to turn off PHP Functions.

25 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Also, make sure you have them disabled in your PHP.ini file for your domain and the server itself. A quick restart, toggle the notification off and you should never see it again.

If the OP does not have a vps/dedicated box, he can not do that. Only the host can do it. 

1 hour ago, Miss_B said:

You must contact your host and ask them to disable those functions. Or are you running your own vps/dedicated box? If so, you can disable them yourself.

i am using servebolt, they claimed 100% support for invision community but they are telling me that i cannot change it via php.ini, i already have the file in there to change php.ini and it didnt do anything. they also tell me they cannot change the version for me.

11 hours ago, NightOwlHacks984 said:

i am using servebolt, they claimed 100% support for invision community but they are telling me that i cannot change it via php.ini, i already have the file in there to change php.ini and it didnt do anything. they also tell me they cannot change the version for me.

The same applies to GoDaddy shared hosting. you can't change it and they won't change it.

One thing that I’ll point out is that disabling these functions is RECOMMENDED and not REQUIRED. These functions are not used by IPB, but they might be used in other scripts. In a shared hosting environment, each administrator must juggle what modules to support to balance security with functionality. 

Saying they have support for IPB means they meet all of the minimum requirements. They can meet that requirement list without those modules being disabled. Think of it as more of a good idea than “it must be done”.