Downloads - add tags without file showing as updated

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello Everyone,

I'm wanting to go back into some files and add a new tag on my site.  When I edit the details of the file to add a tag; it is bumping the file as if it was updated.  The file shows on my updated/new categories/blocks.

Is there a way to add tags as admin/moderator to a file without the file showing as updated?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Are you modifying the download file to edit it? If so, this would be expected.

When testing this and adding the tag by the "Add Tag" button just under the Download File title, I am not seeing it get marked as updated.

Ahhh.. well damn. I was using File Actions > Edit Details.  I did not notice the + for adding a tag.  Thank you.

Which brings up another question along this same topic... I have a member that constantly updates the file details of his files, but does not actually upload a new file version.  The file shows up on the lists as updated.  Basically bumping his files up the lists over Newly added files.  I believe that Upload a new version option should be the only way for the file to show up as New/Updated.

Is there a suggested way of stopping this?

Edited by Circo

44 minutes ago, Circo said:

Ahhh.. well damn. I was using File Actions > Edit Details.  I did not notice the + for adding a tag.  Thank you.

Which brings up another question along this same topic... I have a member that constantly updates the file details of his files, but does not actually upload a new file version.  The file shows up on the lists as updated.  Basically bumping his files up the lists over Newly added files.  Is there a suggested way of stopping this?

Unfortunately, there is currently not a measure to combat this other than restricting their edit permissions or manual contact. You're more than welcome to create a suggestion in our Feature Suggestion forum if you have any ideas. Theoretically, we could compare the data but all the users would need to do it add a couple spaces or other character changes to make it different.