Weird: set_resource images disappear from time to time

I've noticed that for both of my Invision sites (my test installation and production sites), every once in a while I find that a couple of images have been deleted from their folders. They're just gone, and I have no idea why.  And it always seems to be the same two images: 1) The default Guest avatar .PNG (the one you see in the "Who's Online" list), and the default blog zig-zag pattern.  Both of these images are located in a set_resources folder in the uploads directory, but that's the only correlation.  No other images in any set_resources folder are ever touched as far as I can tell.  I used to have this problem with the Invision Community banner on the adminCP login screen, but after raising this issue with Invision this has since been fixed (or at least it's never happened again since).

Has anyone else ever experienced this?  The problem is easy enough to fix - I can just upload the image files - but I'm perplexed as to why this would happen, and always to only these two files.  I'm not entirely sure this is an Invision issue, which is why I'm following this up with my VPS provider as well.

Thanks!

Edited by LiquidFractal