Navigation Toolkit [Support Topic]

4 hours ago, shahed said:

Hi,

What is the print?

Well... extend of support for public releases are normally limited to Invision apps or my own, as simply I don't own/have other third-party resources, so on that part there is nothing to support to begin with.

I only can say how my plugin works, so maybe helps to make other templates work with as well.

• For css file, this plugin uses "navigationtoolkit.css" can be found in your theme edit CSS and HTML
  • Now, any custom class that exist in your website can be put through this format and will change style in Dark Mode:
html[data-theme="dark"] .customClass {
    background: #333;
}

You can add any class in navigationtoolkit.css by this format, and that class will have different style in Navigation Toolkit's Dark mode. 👍

The print was a bad choice of word for text, it was late and I was tired.

Your suggestion worked thank you. I added it in custom css.

html [data-theme="dark"] .SG_record_right_with_image {
  background-color: #40403E;
}

I'm new to this system and I'm not a developer, I just learn enough to do our own websites. I have worked with Drupal and self hosting for 8 years, but Invision on cloud is doing what I could not without some training, so far so good. Thanks again

Edited by Alex Duffy
17 hours ago, Alex Duffy said:

The print was a bad choice of word for text, it was late and I was tired.

Your suggestion worked thank you. I added it in custom css.

html [data-theme="dark"] .SG_record_right_with_image {
  background-color: #40403E;
}

I'm new to this system and I'm not a developer, I just learn enough to do our own websites. I have worked with Drupal and self hosting for 8 years, but Invision on cloud is doing what I could not without some training, so far so good. Thanks again

Sure. glad it is worked. 👍

17 hours ago, bosss said:

@shahed

Can we choose use navigations tool in theme where we will use?

Not sure really understand it. you want using for example a toolkit's button in certain theme?

17 hours ago, bosss said:

Yes!

Well in this case I'm not sure it is even technically possible, since a Plugin/App will assign resources in all installed themes without exception. so if you want a plugin feature modify in a specific theme, the only way is manually edit plugin resource in that specific theme.

6 hours ago, Alex Duffy said:

HI Shahed, the sticky sidebar is only working on Firefox for me, not Chrome, Safari, Brave or Edge - Mac OSX 12.5.1. Hide or show sidebar is working on them all. Any idea?

Hello, I can confirm the issue. will be fix in next update. 👍for now you can add this in your custom.css

html[data-sticky="side-sticky"] #ipsLayout_sidebar {
    overflow: unset;
}

• 7 months later...

Hello, love your plugin!!

But something isn't working well... when the plugin is activated.

I am using the default theme and I see this weird behaviour...

Any part of the site has the ok size for the logo right here:

Could contain: Engine, Machine, Motor, Text

But when I am in the "discovery" part of the site with the activity stream, the logo is wider !?!

Could contain: Machine, Motor, Engine, Text, City

Is there something I am missing ?

Thanks,

3 hours ago, mtlurb said:

Hello, love your plugin!!

But something isn't working well... when the plugin is activated.

I am using the default theme and I see this weird behaviour...

Any part of the site has the ok size for the logo right here:

Could contain: Engine, Machine, Motor, Text

But when I am in the "discovery" part of the site with the activity stream, the logo is wider !?!

Could contain: Machine, Motor, Engine, Text, City

Is there something I am missing ?

Thanks,

Hi,

Plugin should not have alteration effect for logo. it only add more links to user navigation area. in any case i tried to replicate the issue, but couldn't reproduce it. i used same logo as (your website?) and it should be looks like this:

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Your website also doesn't have link to discovery page/or lack permission for guests. you can send me links and ACP permission in a personal message to investigate this further. i have tested with sticky/without sticky effect, custom color scheme, same buttons as yours but none made logo this way as your website.

Another solution is, if you want to have same size as your first screenshot for every other pages as large as that, maybe adding this class to your custom.css could help?

#elLogo img {
  max-width: 880px;
  max-height: 160px;
}

5 hours ago, mtlurb said:

I am sure the issue doesn't happen if the logo is much smaller, but I want the logo to be that big.

I have configured the permissions for you to see https://mtlurb.com/discover/ as a guest.

Edit: I added the custom css... logo remains the same, but things shift to the right 

It is not much smaller logo, this is Default Theme, with Default Settings so clearly you have done custom work on your default theme. in this case, i have increased the size of the logo from IPS default theme's setting to match yours (160px?) and i still don't see any problem with logo bad behavior when the plugin is active. i also made the change in my demo website, and no problem there either. https://ipsverse.com/ and https://ipsverse.com/discover/

Again as i can't reproduce this issue in my end, i maybe can assist you by further investigate in your website. you can send me ACP access in private message.

More to say is the link you send for discover page says:

The page you are trying to access is not available to guests, but may be available if you sign in.

As of now i can't see any logo problem in your website. they are identical.

Could contain: File, Text, Page

Could contain: File, Text, Page, Webpage

5 hours ago, mtlurb said:

the CSS solution breaks the model version of the site... I removed it.

That was one way to solve this. also not sure how it break the model and must see this myself to diagnose. 👍

Hello, 

The theme is 100% default minus the JS snippets to enable ads here:

Could contain: Text, File

This being said, I notice the issue being more prominently happening in Safari 😞

On Edge, there's a slight move to the right of the menu on top... its less of an issue.

Could contain: File, Helmet, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Architecture, Building, Text

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Which browser are you using?

I also can't give up on Safari, its the second most user browser on the site:

Could contain: Page, Text, Number, Symbol

1 hour ago, mtlurb said:

Hello, 

The theme is 100% default minus the JS snippets to enable ads here:

IPS Default height size for logo is 80px, but in your website is 160px. i have no way of knowing what can cause the problem for your website since changing to 160px size for logo height in my end won't make any different, and template works as intended when this plugin is active. the bottom line is i can't reproduce the issue in any way in my end and while i still haven't encounter the issue, the issue more like it to happens in your setup.

1 hour ago, mtlurb said:

This being said, I notice the issue being more prominently happening in Safari 😞

On Edge, there's a slight move to the right of the menu on top... its less of an issue.

Which browser are you using?

I also can't give up on Safari, its the second most user browser on the site:

I have tested this with Chrome, Firefox and Edge on windows, without any problem.

Once again, you can send me ACP access in a personal message so in this way i can investigate this. as of now i can't confirm this as issue nor is caused by this plugin.

16 hours ago, mtlurb said:

The 160x is a setting, not a "custom code" ... you can change it in the control panel for the forum:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Its definitely a Safari issue for sure then😞

Check your inbox, I will send you credentials.

Hello there,

About "custom code" i haven't said that and i referred to "custom work". in any case enough of that since it doesn't have actual relevant.

also tested this in safari and i can't see the problem here. logos are identical to me. not sure what should it be fixed here.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Architecture, Building

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text, Page

35 minutes ago, mtlurb said:

I have recorded a short screen capture for you to see... hopefully it helps.

Thanks. it certainly helps better understand the problem . however this is not how i had experience visiting those pages in Mac/Safari. what exactly device, OS using and which version of Safari?

One more thing, are you having same experience in my demo website?

https://ipsverse.com/ and https://ipsverse.com/discover/