Exclude filter on Activity Streams

Clover13

Just a request to add an exclude filter on Activity Streams, as the inverse of the inclusion filter.  Use case is I have a Recent Topics stream that has pretty much all forums except a few and it requires selecting a lot of them versus selecting just a few.

18 hours ago, Clover13 said:

Just a request to add an exclude filter on Activity Streams, as the inverse of the inclusion filter.  Use case is I have a Recent Topics stream that has pretty much all forums except a few and it requires selecting a lot of them versus selecting just a few.

Hi there. I like the concept of excluding items, however in this case I'm not sure how many people would need this (versus selecting what forums they do want to show). How many forums do you have? And would you be modifying this setting often or is it a one-and-done? 

15 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Hi there. I like the concept of excluding items, however in this case I'm not sure how many people would need this (versus selecting what forums they do want to show). How many forums do you have? And would you be modifying this setting often or is it a one-and-done? 

Definitely not a high priority, might just be a low hanging fruit impl given the inclusion already exists, adding exclusion may be a relatively futile work effort.  For my site, we add RSS feeds, sponsors, etc to their own forum from time to time and have to tweak the stream config.  Not a big deal, but the exclusions are pretty fixed and don't change often/ever whereas the inclusions do.  We have quite a few forums (a little under 100) as it's a broad niche with broad interests.  So it becomes select 90+ versus select 2-3 (that don't change) for our global stream.  However, for members who create custom streams, each one has to select 90+ inclusions to get what they really want versus selecting < 10 exclusions they don't want, which is just inconvenient.

Just something to think about if it's an easy/straightforward impl for you guys 🙂

Edited by Clover13