Outgoing delayed mail

Hi all

Lately, we are experiencing a massive delay in outgoing mail from the board to the user. (like in registration mail authentication, notification to email, etc.)

I tried to send a test mail from the Email setting, and indeed I got the test mail a few hours after I send it.

We are using SMTP as delivery method. Any idea what can cause this delay?

Edited by livegames.co.il

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2020 at 8:43 AM, livegames.co.il said:

tried to send a test mail from the Email setting, and indeed I got the test mail a few hours after I send it.

Sounds like a hosting issue. I would suggest to contact your hosting company for further support. 

15 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Sounds like a hosting issue. I would suggest to contact your hosting company for further support. 

Hi,

Thank you.

Do you mean to contact the host of our mail server?

On 12/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, CoffeeCake said:

Have you checked your SMTP logs on your mail server to see what's reported there?

Hi  i can see IPS\Email\OutGoing\Exception  connection time-out (101) massage on the forum ACP

I didn't see any suspicious logs on the server.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:08 AM, Jock3r said:

Do you use a 3rd Party service for your emails or you use your own server?

Hi

SMTP - localhost:25

2 hours ago, CoffeeCake said:

Yes, this sounds like an issue with your server configuration.

Can you provide a screenshot of your mail configuration within IPS ACP?

Yes, please see attached (sorry about the quality -this image upload size limitation is very annoying)

-2.png1.jpg

7 minutes ago, CoffeeCake said:

You'll need to dig into what's going on with whatever is running on port 25 of your web server then. This may involve working with your hosting provider.

Alternatively, you could use something like sendgrid to get e-mail off of your server.

Thanks, i will contact my hosting provider.

By the way - I tried today to use free 3 party different port server mail rather my local host server, and the issue is still happening! 

All the mail is sent, in a huge delay.

43 minutes ago, CoffeeCake said:

You may want to run them as a cronjob instead to make sure that they run every minute.

Which sounds still suspicious because the test email wouldn't use any cron jobs ( mentioning it because of following OP sentence: ) 

On 12/29/2020 at 8:43 AM, livegames.co.il said:

I tried to send a test mail from the Email setting, and indeed I got the test mail a few hours after I send it.