Google Workspace SMTP Help

SC36DC

Anyone here successfully configured Google Workspace (GMAIL) SMTP with IPS?

I've signed up for it, currently on the 14 day free trial, I've entered my info in the SMTP field on IPS, but I keep getting an error.

A test email could not be sent. Check the settings entered are correct or contact your hosting or SMTP provider for more information.

535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
535 5.7.8  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials q9sm17771092pgb.82 - gsmtp

I entered my full email and password from Google Workspace as my username and password, as suggested, but it's still not working.

Can anyone provide any help?
Thank you.

8 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Does the Google account have 2FA enabled on it, in any way at all?

2FA is disabled.

When I do enter the google info in IPS, then back in my Gmail account, I am receiving the following message, "A suspicious app was blocked from accessing your account", when I select "Yes, it was me", I get the following:

Less secure app blocked

Google blocked the app you were trying to use because it doesn't meet our security standards.

Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks. Google will automatically turn this setting OFF if it's not being used.

Learn more

Thanks for the reply.