Do i have to disable all 3rd party ext before upgrading?

Hello, the subject is my question, does the upgradescript turn all extensions off during upgrade or do i have to do that manually before upgrading starts?

And, if this goes automatically does the upgrader switch them all on at the end or do i have to check each extension if it works OK within the upgraded board ( i hope it works like this)?

Please let me know, thanks!

Edited by Jheroen

24 minutes ago, Jheroen said:

Hello, the subject is my question, does the upgradescript turn all extensions off during upgrade or do i have to do that manually?

You've to do that manually.

25 minutes ago, Jheroen said:

does the upgrader switch them all on at the end or do i have to check each extension

You've to enable them one by one manually, and then setup your marketplace from your ACP in order to update them to the newest version. 

Alright, thanks...

Assume that i have upgraded and i enable an extension that isn't compatible and the back and frontends are down (php error etc) how can i disable that extension in a file or database to have the board running again?

37 minutes ago, bfarber said:

We disable all customizations going from 4.4 -> 4.5 because they are generally not immediately compatible.

We do not automatically disable customizations normally during upgrades (i.e. they won't be disabled during point releases in 4.5).

Thank you for your answer, i will carefully upgrade the board.....

• 1 month later...

Hi again!

Say the extension which was disabled during upgrade > upgrade is done and i try if the extension still works.

If i switch it on and the site gets into hard error (unreachable also backend) how can i disable that extension from database or in file settings?