Storage Settings...

I am curious what is the optimal way to setup Storage Settings?

How many different configurations is necessary? 

By default everything just goes in to uploads I do not believe that the system creates a Folder for every specific area..

Is it better to manage configurations by "app" or just have it based what it is like site related content or user related content? 

I currently have: resources, store, emoticons, blog, pages, attachments, assets, clubs, downloads (files, fields, screenshots), calendar, social, gallery, cache, fields, profile.

and when something new comes along it ends at the root of uploads...

1 hour ago, Ocean West said:

I am curious what is the optimal way to setup Storage Settings?

How many different configurations is necessary? 

By default everything just goes in to uploads I do not believe that the system creates a Folder for every specific area..

Is it better to manage configurations by "app" or just have it based what it is like site related content or user related content? 

I currently have: resources, store, emoticons, blog, pages, attachments, assets, clubs, downloads (files, fields, screenshots), calendar, social, gallery, cache, fields, profile.

and when something new comes along it ends at the root of uploads...

This entirely depends on the content of your community and what you or other people can upload into the system, and the infrastructure required to support. What might work for a community that uses images and videos heavily may be entirely different from a text only community. 

Think about backups, cost for storage, and whether or not complexity beyond your web server's filesystem is necessary. I don't think there's one correct answer here.