Autofill textarea fields

If the browser supports autofill / autocomplete (e.g. Chrome), text fields can be filled with the suggestions given. Suggestions are usually based ob previous entries. This is very practical if forms have to be filled in with repeating information. I use this feature when adding records to my pages database. 

However, the autofill feature does not work when using fields of type "textarea". I suspect this functionality is not supported by Invision Commmunity Software. This might also be the reason why third party browser add-ons I've tested, did not do the trick.

Does anyone know what could be done to make textarea fields used e.g. in a pages database, to be available for autofill /autocomplete? 

Edited by evcom

Generally speaking, textarea fields are not autofilled by most browsers. This isn't specific to our software. <input> (and <textarea>) HTML form elements have an autocomplete attribute that can be applied to turn autocompletion on or off, and we do not set this property for most fields, including textarea inputs (so it will default to on).